Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Head of Customer Marketing
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,000 innovative companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, Service Titan, Pinterest, and Drift trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
We’re on the hunt for an amazing Head of Customer Marketing here at Gong. This is a newly created position where you get to nurture and grow the existing team, and define the strategy for 2021 and beyond. We want someone to bring their great ideas and best practices so that we can create a remarkable experience for our customers, and our sales. You will strategize, develop and drive customer marketing programs, content and tactics that proactively engage our raving fans and create new advocates through engaging programs.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, advisory boards, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding, and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Design the customer marketing engagement playbook to outline how we engage with customers across the lifecycle
- Build and scale the customer marketing team and function at GongBuild and scale key strategic customer marketing initiatives like the Gong Champions program and others
- Help your team manage advocacy programs and customer reference repository to enable efficient outreach for references & success stories
- Make sure the value of the products as well as the pace of innovation is clearly understood among existing customers
- Build specific programs that will increase user adoption and CSAT within existing Gong accounts
- Partner with sales and customer success teams to design advocate nurture programs
- Establish a customer journey map and determine ideal communications programs that deepen engagement and loyalty
- Direct customer feedback initiatives, including Net Promoter Score, to drive change throughout the organization
- Partner cross-functionally to conduct and synthesize customer research
- Partner with marketing, strategy and product leaders on customer events, including Advisory Boards
- Work with other customer-facing functions to ensure internal alignment
- Help set up the process to track and analyze ROI for customer engagement and advocacy efforts
- You have 6+ years experience in customer marketing and 8+ years experience in marketing overall at a B2B company
- You are a proactive, strategic, and solutions-focused marketing leader
- You are a people person and able to build and grow a team under you
- Strategic thinker that can help tell a big story, create a stronger brand, and improve the overall customer experienceStrong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Interpersonal skills to help them nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Incredibly creative marketing and communication skillsAnalytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- You have expert-level knowledge of B2B marketing, B2B SaaS sales cycles, and Customer Marketing best practices.
- A previous product marketing or sales experience would be welcomed
- You have a BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.