Conversational marketing platform.
Drift is the world’s first and only conversational marketing and sales platform. More and more of the worlds best marketing and sales teams are powering their go-to-market motion with Drift.
We move fast at Drift. So fast that our marketing team has a countdown page for our new product launch every month. We’re able to achieve that by working in small autonomous squads who each own a part of the product and ship every day. But sometimes it can be hard to keep the entire product experience cohesive. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an Engineering Leader who loves getting the best out of people and sweating the details. All of the little things that make a powerful product simple and delightful.
What will you be doing on the product team:
- Manage, mentor and provide career growth guidance for teams of ~25 engineers
- Be a player+coach with expertise to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews
- Be comfortable finding the balance taking ownership of the team’s deliverables while giving teams the space to own their work
- Be part of a product leadership team building the right people and process foundations for scale
- Jump in and help the team deliver features when it is required
- Be passionate about technology and stay on top of new developments
- Help teams balance technical debt vs. feature development vs. supporting customers
About you and the skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent
- 8+ years of technical experience with at least 2 years managerial experience
- Managed or lead a team through several product cycles
- Conducted architecture and design reviews
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working on the frontend, backend, or anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers
- If you're exceptional in a few areas (ex: you're a CSS master or distributed systems guru)
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org