Pendulum is developing a range of microbiome interventions targeting a variety of human health issues, starting with metabolic diseases, to help improve human health and wellbeing.
Information Systems Support Analyst
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
We are a highly collaborative and diverse team interested in improving health by using the latest research from fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development, nutrition and health communication. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are currently seeking an Information Systems Support Analyst to join our Information Technology Team. This position reports to our Director of IT and will be responsible for supporting and enabling the team. The right candidate will be a problem solver focused on our user’s success and capable of establishing an organized set of resources for self-serve technologies while assisting in the management of SaaS/cloud-dependent Line-of-Business tools and end-user hardware and software support. The ideal candidate approaches support with an inherent root-cause-analysis-approach and will be able to improve the checklist procedures for problem resolution and procedural controls for common problems (and prevention).
What You'll Do
- Conduct on premise and remote troubleshooting for two office/manufacturing locations
- Author and present end user training and documentation, as well as best practices
- This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
- Maintain an organized collection of available IT hardware, accessories and resources
- Provide support for installed laboratory and manufacturing computers, peripheral devices, and install standard software applications and security updates
Perform technical troubleshooting and problem resolution involving:
- Client computing hardware (Apple, Dell, Lenovo)
- Client computing operating systems (Microsoft Windows 10 and macOS 10.12+, ChromeOS)
- Security access rights to corporate resources (VPN, office wireless, network, data storage)
- LAN & WAN network connectivity troubleshooting (familiarity with industry standards and comfort around testing/troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP network issues)
- Office and Laboratory printer support (inkjet and zebra barcode printers)
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in IT hands on support roles - helpdesk or technical support
- Strong troubleshooting skills for end user computer devices including Mac/Windows laptops
- Basic network troubleshooting experience, familiarity with patching in a network cable from desk/wall port > patch panel > switch
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise vs Home Edition
- Have administrative role experience in Google Workspace suite or Microsoft 365
- Experience with Active Directory/AzureAD concepts and services
- Worked with endpoint security management tools such as MDM, to enforce security policies, track inventory, remotely execute administrative tasks
- Subscribes to the belief: There’s always more than one way to accomplish a task
- You are resourceful by using tools available to you to troubleshoot a problem but do not rely on Google as your first step
We're prioritizing candidates that specifically have focused experience with the following qualifications:
- Experience using Okta for identity management
- Experience with Meraki Dashboard for network management
- Experience with SSO & SAML
- SaaS Ops experience supporting cloud applications
- Experience supporting Linux client computers
- Experience working in Biotech/LifeScience/Manufacturing industries
- Perform bulk tasks using scripts or can create a custom one task script using scripting languages such as bash, powershell, Windows batch
- Experience in Fast-paced startups
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.