Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is a virtual social club where you play and create games with friends. Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. We are building games, user-generated content, and tools that allow our players to make their own games, spaces and sell their creations across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
We are offering Internships and Co-Ops for the Spring of 2021 (with potential for full-time employment at the end). These are paid opportunities where you will be embedded on a development team and work directly on features for Rec Room. To be eligible, you must be available for full-time work during our core hours in Pacific Time. While we are all working remotely, we are looking for people who can relocate to Seattle, WA, once we are back in the office.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
- Build the tools that allow creators to sell wares via the in-game economy
- Design and build creative tools that players use to build within Rec Room collaboratively
- Proactively prototype new ideas and solutions
- Use metrics to track feature performance and inform design decisions
- Build robust systems and tools that can stand up to malicious actors
- Contribute creatively to the game and economy design process
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems cross collaboratively with other teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in games or a closely-related field (school projects or small/indie games are great)
- Experience using and/or familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, ambiguous development environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to relocate to Seattle, WA (once we can be in the office again)
- Strong interaction design & implementation skills
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with metrics/telemetry
- Experience with and passion for in-game economies
- Experience with and passion for User Generated Content
- Experience with and passion for design
- Ability to convert full time at the end of the internship
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.