Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is a virtual social club where you play and create games with friends. We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work on our in-game User-Generated Content (UGC). As a Senior Gameplay Engineer you will build the creative tools players use to make their own games and spaces within Rec Room across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR). These player-made rooms create compelling social experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, implement and maintain creative tools that players use to collaboratively build within Rec Room
- Work autonomously solving technical design and development problems for our creator community
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Collaborate with teams across rec room to build great new technology for our players
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready gameplay code (ie C# or C++)
- 1+ years of experience shipping on multiplayer or social games (e.g., MMO)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous and ambiguous environment.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to work full time from our Seattle, WA office
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience building creative tools
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (i.e. mobile, console, VR)
- A background in Augmented and/or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employees personal lives and we value work life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.