Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude is looking for a Head of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting who is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a high-profile position that will play a critical role in SEC reporting and technical accounting (including SaaS revenue recognition, business combinations, stock-based compensation, debt, equity, leases) and other technical accounting and compliance related matters. This role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Research and document the Company's technical accounting issues for significant transactions and key strategic initiatives; present and resolve the Company's positions for critical accounting issues with external auditors
- Prepare technical accounting memos on complex transactions
- Assess and implement new or changes to US GAAP
- Draft and update Corporate Accounting Policies, as needed throughout the year
- Assist with the update of controls including assessing any control gaps and changes in processes
- Assist with preparation of close and the Company’s financial statements
- Assist with global statutory reporting of international subsidiaries through coordination with external auditors in US and local offices
- Interface with appropriate employees and departments within the organization; eliciting, evaluating and considering solutions to align controls with business risks
- Assist in special projects as needed including various process improvement initiatives
What We’re Looking For
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research
- IPO experience including knowledge of the S1 filing process highly preferred
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License highly preferred
- Proven track record in a growth-oriented technology environment
- Expert knowledge of financial activities, policies, and processes, including SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, complete work timely, and work well as a team member
- Able to work well with other parts of the business eg; FP&A, systems, Sales, R&D, build and maintain good relationships
- Ability to provide guidance and build technical expertise amongst the the team
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Meticulous and superior attention to detail
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.