An end-to-end sales analytics and forecasting platform.
Senior Accounting Manager
Sunnyvale, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Clari, we are at the forefront of AI and automation to help companies make better business decisions and improve sales execution with real-time access to actionable analytics and predictive insights. We have been declared as a must-have in establishing revenue confidence for customers during unpredictable times. We're continuing to innovate, collaborate, and push the limits to build the only Connected Revenue Operations Platform and is used by over 50,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 companies such as Okta, Zoom, Medallia, Adobe, and Atlassian. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
As Clari’s Senior Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for accurate and timely month end close as well as the integrity of the financial statements. In this role, you will mentor team members and review reconciliations, journal entries & transactions. The ideal candidate will always be looking for ways to improve the financial reporting process while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. This role requires a strong work ethic and capacity to get things done independently.
- Review monthly GL account reconciliations, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal policies
- Perform and review month-end close processes ensuring efficiency and accuracy
- Prepare and review financial statements in accordance with US GAAP both for internal and external purposes including financial statements with full footnotes for our annual audit
- Prepare monthly close package, including variance analysis for assigned accounts.
- Oversee all payroll activities and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and filings
- Oversee all customer billing and sales tax activities
- Ensure compensation-related accruals are accurately recorded and maintained
- Own and manage the deferral of sales commissions under ASC 606
- Support external audits by providing supporting schedules, reconciliations, pulling selections and interfacing with external auditors, as required
- Research and conclude on technical accounting matters; document such findings in accounting memos
- Support and champion system enhancements and migrations
- Drive process improvements that support scalability and efficiency
- Lead other special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed; drive projects to successful completion with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accountancy, Finance, or related degree
- Active CPA license
- 8+ years of related experience in a high growth environment, SaaS industry
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience at a public company in the SaaS space strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including, ASC 718 Stock Based Compensation, ASC 350-40 Internal-Use Software, as well as ASC 606 Revenue From Contracts With Customers
- Experience working and partnering with external auditors
- Past experience with Intacct, Netsuite, or equivalent ERP
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to analyze large sets of data
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to self-motivate, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment
Benefits and Culture:
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and College Savings Plan
- Pre-IPO Stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable”. To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!