Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Clover legal team is a small and nimble group that takes on novel issues that require creative solutions. You are joining a smart and scrappy group of in-house lawyers where you will proactively address legal matters that challenge you to think differently. As a key member of the team, you will work closely with the company’s business leaders to anticipate and develop legal solutions.
We're looking to hire a Corporate Counsel, Securities & Reporting to join our team! In this role you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations and developing the related compliance infrastructure in a newly public company. You should be a team player and ready to work in a fast paced environment!
As a Corporate Counsel, Securities & Reporting, you will:
- Ensure compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations, including supporting the preparation and filing of Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K, registration statements, annual proxy statements, organization of the annual shareholders meeting and all related filings.
- Maintain governance policies and practices, including corporate governance guidelines, committee charters and other governing documents; maintain the Company’s Nasdaq Board documentation.
- Advise senior management and Investor Relations on disclosure matters, including earnings and other press releases, investor presentations, websites, significant internal communications and other announcements.
- Advise members of senior management regarding securities and corporate governance activities.
- Manage company’s insider trading policy and trading window.
- Review, advise and assist with filing/publishing quarterly earnings releases, investor presentations, quarterly and annual reports and other public communications.
- Perform other duties as needed, which may involve legal research, regulatory filings, internal policies and procedures, forms, and corporate governance matters.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- You are detail-oriented and a dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy working in a transparent and collaborative environment with changing priorities.
- You have the ability to effectively present and analyze information and respond to questions from team members and management.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive on crafting creative solutions to problems.
- You can identify and create processes with cross functional business partners.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a J.D degree from an accredited law school along with 3-6 years of corporate legal experience.
- You have substantial experience managing securities, corporate governance and corporate finance matters at a large law firm or global public corporation.
- You have deep familiarity and experience with SEC/Nasdaq rules and filings.
- You have experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- You have excellent negotiation and drafting skills along with strong written and oral communication.
- You are analytical and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Remote applicants encouraged; some travel may occasionally be required for business purposes.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.