On-demand moving and storage with on-demand retrieval.
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivated individual to lead Clutter’s real estate business development efforts. This individual will run point on sourcing acquisition opportunities in self-storage and industrial real estate, as well as strike strategic partnerships with relevant real estate operators. This individual will work closely with our Finance & Accounting, Self-Storage and Product & Engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- Create a robust deal pipeline through direct business development efforts and forging meaningful relationships with the broker community
- Gather property-specific & market information by researching a variety of sources including industry, regulatory and economic information, demographic data, and property information.
- Lead and/or assist in the negotiation process between Clutter, sellers, and their agents
- Present and defend potential deals to internal stakeholders for approval and buy-in
- Draft letters of intent (LOIs) for new deals
- Perform market research for potential deals
- Conduct onsite visits to target acquisitions as needed
- Interact and negotiate with sell-side real estate brokers, maintain professional relationships and network as needed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in relevant real estate transaction/acquisitions experience. Experience at a top-tier brokerage, real estate investor/owner, private equity firm, or investment bank preferred.
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical and financial management skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with a premium placed on presentation abilities
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Willingness to work hard and get your hands dirty at a fast-growing startup
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.