Associate - Strategy and Business Development
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for an Associate to join Embark's Business Development function. This team is responsible for creating our go-to-market strategy while developing freight industry partnerships and growth opportunities. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, this associate should bring an analytical mindset and an uncanny ability to manage dynamic situations to ultimately make autonomous freight transportation a reality.
- Support on-going segmentation and positioning of products, services and customer types
- Support development of nationwide expansion plan and associated transfer hub operating model
- Work with specific partners to analyze their freight networks and identify value creation opportunities for autonomous trucking
- Plan and manage the execution of pilot programs that span across multiple partner organizations - define objectives, set KPIs and summarize key findings
- Develop compelling presentations to support a wide range of partner discussions
- 2-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, VC/PE/growth fund, Big Tech, or startups
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably finance, economics, or STEM)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and modeling skills (strong with excel)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects from inception to execution to close-out
- Experience developing presentations and strategic narratives for executives or senior level stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for the logistics, transportation and trucking industry
Our team will start the applicant review process on January 11th. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: