Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead Growth across our business. You will be responsible for understanding and driving the end-to-end funnel for user growth, by focusing on all user segments: new, current and abandoned users.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with creativity around go-to-market and customer experience. We’re looking for Product Managers who are passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and are looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
Key initiatives will include:
- Owning engagement initiatives from inception to launch across multiple channels, including email, SMS, push notifications and in-app
- Creating a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for growth of the product you own and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Developing a delightful first time and return user experience through customer insights and rigorous testing to optimize onboarding flows
- Identifying the next set of new features that our policyholders need and want
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with Design, Marketing, Analytics and Engineering to transform your ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimize each and every component of emails, push notifications and in-app messages prior to launch
- Hone your strategic thinking - transform large data sets into a story that helps senior leadership make decisions
- Lead, manage and develop highly functional teams, ensuring detailed experimentation methodology and flawless execution that is scalable and sustainable
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
To thrive in this role, you have
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Experience managing product teams and integrating a diverse set of partners and processes into a cohesive product
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design and revolve their pain points
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 6+ years experience building consumer-facing products (esp. growth-focused roles) with clear, demonstrated results
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.