Intelligence Processing Unit
At Graphcore, we're optimistic for a future where people live healthier, more informed, more creative lives. Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence, transforming whole industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
What we do, really makes a difference.
As a Platform Software Engineer, you will be working as part of Graphcore’s engineering team in Oslo developing Graphcore scale out technology for our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU). You will work closely with our hardware and software engineering teams to develop the platform software that our other engineering teams depends on for the final product definition.
- Define and develop our generic platform applications
- Develop functional low level test and system configuration applications
- Configure operating system kernels and set up full distribution images
- Develop security solutions for our scaleout components
- Bring up new systems in the lab together with the FPGA and Hardware teams
What you will bring:
- Experience with shell scripting, Python, C and understanding of C++
- Proven experience in modern embedded operating systems such as Linux and RTOS
- Working knowledge of Ethernet/IP networking standards
- Awareness of common development tools such as yocto/git/gtest/cmake
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer security and authentication schemes
Good to have:
- Knowledge of high availability (HA) systems, management frameworks (SNMP, CLI, RESTApi, OpenBMC)
- Familiarity of ILOM, BMC, and OCP (Open Compute)
- Experience in hands-on lab and bring-up activities, as well as knowledge of design for product and manufacturing
- You like to work in a fast-paced environment using agile methods
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in Norway for roles based in Oslo, Norway.