Provides next generation mobile banking and financial services to the Brazilian market.
Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with around 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Design Team
Nubank's mission is to fight complexity everyday to empower people. We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will be able to challenge the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world.
As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users. Designers at Nubank must deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for millions of people.
At each stage, a Designer must anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Product Managers and many other, working in projects that go from user interviews and prototypes to internal tools and brand assets.
Given this, designers must be flexible and eager to learn - it's unlikely that you'll arrive an expert in all tools and project phases, but you should be humble and have a strong desire and capacity to learn. It's critical that you are able to collaborate with people with varying backgrounds, give good feedback and apply critical feedback received. The combination of these skills along with your talent and technical competence as a designer can make you a great fit for the Nubank Design team.
To help us grow and fight complexity we are looking for Senior Product Designers to join our Design Team. If you want to build the future of financial services, apply and send us your resume and portfolio.
Once here, you will:
- Be a technical reference for the team, seeking to adapt and replicate the best practices in the market, increasing the team’s bar;
- Build links with other business areas at all levels of the organization, influencing business decisions advocating for user-centered design;
- Inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing high the quality of the design work;
- Establish and promote a healthy team culture that works hand in hand with cross-functional partners and design teams in other Nubank offices;
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and help Nubank challenge the status quo.
- Solid expertise in Product Design (UI, UX, and Research);
- Experience in digital products;
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment;
- Ability to influence prioritization in an agile environment. Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholder’s needs with openness and agility.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking on our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.