Pendulum is developing a range of microbiome interventions targeting a variety of human health issues, starting with metabolic diseases, to help improve human health and wellbeing.
Customer Experience Associate
Job Description / Skills Required
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics™ (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Pendulum has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
Pendulum® Therapeutics is the leading microbiome company to apply the discoveries of high-resolution, long-read DNA sequencing to the development and commercialization of microbiome interventions targeting specific diseases. Its flagship product, Pendulum Glucose Control, is the only clinically shown Medical Probiotic providing dietary management through the microbiome to help manage A1C and blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Pendulum's proprietary innovation platform enables identification of microbiome mechanisms of action and rapid translation from discovery and development through human clinical validation. Founded in 2012 by a diverse team of scientists with deep microbiology, biochemistry, computational and clinical expertise, Pendulum has raised $57 million to date. Sequoia Capital led its Series B with repeat participation from Mayo Clinic, True Ventures, Khosla Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures and others. Formerly Whole Biome, Pendulum Therapeutics is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.pendulumlife.com.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers, and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development, and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success. If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Pendulum is seeking a Customer Experience Associate to join our expanding Customer Experience team. Reporting to our Customer Experience Manager, our ideal candidate will be an integral part of the overarching customer experience. He, she, or they will be passionate about bringing the Pendulum brand to life with the customer, hands on, love interacting with people, be a problem solver, and take initiative to foster our world class Customer Experience program.
What You'll Do
- Assist in building a top tier Customer Experience program including recruitment, education, and ongoing communication/relationship development with a subset of consumers who will act as specialists, advocates, and/or influencers
- Serve as a point of contact for customers and influencers. Provide customers with a high touch, white glove customer service experience to nurture relationships so that customers become champions of our brand and products, have high retention and are inclined to provide consumer testimonials/reviews
- Work with the marketing team to identify compelling consumer testimonials about our products, find ways to insert consumers into appropriate marketing activities, and enhance product development, while always considering the overall consumer experience
- Interface cross functionally with the Quality, Regulatory, Dietetics, Legal, R&D, Science, and Marketing teams
- Serve as an internal point of contact for all customer questions, comments, and complaints, from beginning (initial point of contact) to end (full resolution)
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, associated healthcare conditions (Type 2 Diabetes), and the customer experience journey
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries and issues in a timely and consistent manner via social, chat, email, and phone
- 2+ years' experience working in Customer Experience/Support, ideally at a start-up
- Experience with social media management and response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Strong passion for relationship building. You are highly empathetic and patient. You can easily relate to others, and understand what it takes to deliver high quality customer service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are self-motivated
- Love engaging with people and will go out of your way to help them
- Well organized, and know how to manage shifting priorities
Bonus qualifications (but not required):
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing (or related field)
- Experience working with customer response tools, such as Zendesk and Sprout Social
- Working experience/proficiency with Google Suite for Business
Remote work allowed
Travel Requirements: none to minimal
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.