productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
As our first SDR Manager, you will be a key member of our sales leadership team, and it will be your responsibility to define productboard’s business development strategy and SDR team culture. This role reports into the Head of Sales (Hello! Kevin here. I’m writing this job description. Nice to meet you! 👋) and is a critical role as we are quickly growing and scaling our sales team. You are responsible for the health of our sales pipeline and goal setting for your team. We receive a high volume of inbound leads, so you will manage our inbound process and help define our outbound sales motions. You will lead recruiting, training, and developing our SDRs in their sales careers to become our future AE team. Our SDR Manager will also be responsible for the relationship between marketing and sales.
Our ideal candidate:
- Build and lead a fast growing team of SDRs
- Help identify, hire, and coach top SDR talent
- Lead the daily activities and quota performance management of individual metrics (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Work with management to help define our pipeline strategy and processes to improve productivity and scale growth of team
- Work across our sales & marketing teams to identify target sectors, accounts, messaging, and deliver on our event strategy
- Assist in training and sales enablement materials
The qualities you possess:
- 1+ years of sales management experience in a high-tech startup environment
- 3+ years of quota carrying B2B enterprise software sales experience
- Consistent track record of exceeding against quota and other key metrics
- Strong experience working with modern sales technology (Salesforce, Outreach, Chorus, Intercom, etc.)
- An enthusiastic team player who’s comfortable working with all department leaders
- Knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models
- Experience leading a global team of sales development reps in consistently meeting goals
- Demonstrated track record of effectively hiring and motivating team members
- Ability to work in a dynamic, startup environment
- Must be located in Seattle or Vancouver, Canada
What Matters to Us
We are proud of our unique culture and we know it's crucial now at this scaling stage to cultivate it. We truly believe that everyone joining us these days is our "cultural co-founder". You will represent the core values that we believe in and show others what it means to be constantly curious, creative, transparent, and passionate.
Our culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build. We offer competitive benefits and we'll create an environment where you will love to work.