Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
United States of America
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over USD 110M, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team
The Signals Intelligence team collects data on a massive scale translating it into actionable intelligence that helps drive SecurityScorecard’s flagship ratings platform. This team develops scalable systems to collect and scan the internet at large to fuel the product. The signals intelligence team partners with threat research and other parts of the organization to understand the requirements that define new signals. Come be part of an exciting team that is building the next generation of threat intelligence.
What you will do
We are looking for a Manager, Signals intelligence to lead a team of software developers working on new innovative ways to collect data at scale. The Signals Intelligence team is focused on the development of distributed systems that collect, process and aggregate millions of data points that are used to create actionable insights. You will have the overall responsibility for driving the development of signals collection systems (scanning, 3rd-party data collections, etc.) Ideally you will be somebody who is results oriented, has a strong attention detail and an overall team player. You will also have a strong background in Software Development.
- Manage and oversee the design and development of distributed systems
- Drive technical projects & conversations, participate in architectural decision-making, foster innovation and provide effective leadership
- Be both technically hands-on and a people manager
- Design, roll-out, and support efficient processes for your team
- Collaborate with the team to design and communicate product roadmaps
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a small team of engineers.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with building distributed systems
- Experience with Low-level languages (e.g. Go, C, C++)
- Experience with Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Experience with SQL (e.g. Postgres)
- Experience with Message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Working knowledge of the following: Networking protocols, Network-based scanning (nmap, zmap, nessus, masscan, etc), Web crawling
- Experience with software design principles, and test-driven development
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Interest in cybersecurity
- Ability to scale, build and develop a team of experienced professionals, providing career development and coaching
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.