Snap a Pic & Pay Any Bill in Seconds
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join a small team working on a new product. You can expect to build products that will meaningfully impact the lives of millions of people while working autonomously in a highly collaborative environment. Since we’re just getting started, you’ll influence key technical and architectural decisions.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
Remote engineers who are within North American time zones are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Implement modern, responsive web interfaces for use by millions of users
- Write well designed, testable and reliable frontend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
What you can bring:
- Experience with React & Redux
- Familiarity with ECMAScript 6/7, async/await, Promises, asynch I/O with Node
- Familiarity with SASS/SCSS, CSS Modules, Styled Components or other CSS-in-JS solutions
- Experience with developing responsive user interfaces
- Ability to optimize website performance
- Capable of writing fast and effective unit tests
- 5+ years of relevant experience on great engineering teams
- Experience in designing and implementing REST and GraphQL APIs
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.