Appier builds AI-based cross screen analytics and targeting platform for business to reach and engage their customers across multiple smart devices.
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
We are seeking our first Information Technology (IT) audit professional to ensure effectiveness of our IT environment. This new IT auditor will play the critical role to provide management with assurance as well as suggestion in the IT area and support Appier’s growth in the evolving business environment. You will interact with our colleagues ranging from staff-level employees to executives in all departments, as well as external professionals.
This position is expected to be based in Taipei, with limited opportunity of domestic or international travel.
Task of the role
- Perform the duties of Data Protection Officer defined in EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any other applicable regulations. These include:
- Advise the related personnel about their regulatory obligations
- Monitor compliance with the regulation
- Advise about the data protection impact assessment
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority and act as contact point for them
- Plan audit of IT systems and processes and conduct the field work. Identify issues and opportunities for improvement and discuss them with executives to determine agreed action plan. Prepare audit report. These include:
- Assessment of IT General Controls (System Development, Change Management,
- System Operation, Security, and Vendor Management) of the systems that have significant impact on financial reporting
- Audit (e.g. IT security audit) defined in the annual audit plan, whose objectives and scope will be determined on the basis of the risk assessment
- Perform other reviews of IT area on the basis of the request from management.
- Provide advice on the matters related to IT controls and security in the course of periodic company-wide risk assessment and ongoing business development.
- Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge of multiple technology domains including hardware, software, network, database, and cloud service
- Knowledge of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and data security regulations such as GDPR
- Knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, and risk management, especially related to IT
- Professional Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
- Prior position in IT Audit / Consulting – internal audit or external professional firm
- Experience of Internet Business
- Skills Requirements:
- Business-Level Mandarin and English
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Proactive, hands-on, results-driven orientation
- Ability to identify issue based on fact and evaluate it objectively
- Ability to produce satisfactory work products in a timely manner
- Additional Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Recognized auditing/information system certifications (e.g. CISA, CIA, CISSP)
- Big Four Accounting Firm experiences
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general