Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets (presence in nine countries) across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and India. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in Singapore.
- Work closely with the product and design teams to build exciting and innovative features for the Carousell web platform
- Build a dynamic web applications and platform technologies
- Take full ownership of projects from design, to implementation, and deployment
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews to evolve Carousell’s web platform and maintain a high-quality code culture
- User obsession and empathy.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- 5+ years of experience building production level, modern web apps
- Experience with modern web technologies and reactive frameworks like React, Angular or Vue
- In-depth knowledge of web frontend, including the DOM, browser APIs, modern CSS, responsive/mobile web, and components
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish
- Have built and shipped production level ReactJS app
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Built and shipped production level web apps using Express, React, Redux and Webpack
- Experience with multi-language, multi-country, and multi-currency web apps