An on-demand delivery service.
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Team
The Data Products team is a part of the Data Platform organization and is responsible for building innovative big data applications and tools for teams across DoorDash to extract insights from business and operational datasets. As the volume, variety, and velocity of the data increases at DoorDash, there is a wide range of data challenges that need to be solved, such as data discovery and lineage, data quality, data governance & compliance, and standardization and accessing of important business metrics. Another interesting challenge to solve is how to make it extremely easy, quickly for our data users to access, visualize, and extract insights from the ever increasing datasets.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will work alongside our Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and rest of the data user community to understand their needs and come up with innovative data products to address those needs
- You will own, design and implement scalable and reliable backend infrastructure of the data products
- You will explore the latest big data trends, technologies and techniques to come up with solutions for complex data challenges
- Passionate about big data technologies and building scalable, reliable, and easy to use infrastructure & applications
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with large-scale and complex data computation pipelines
- Experience in “Big Data” technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Presto, Apache Flink, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resources
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time stream processing challenges
- Engage with or contribute to Big Data related open source projects
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Links & References