An on-demand delivery service.
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong platform or technical background to oversee our Drive Platform engineering team in San Francisco. The Drive team is responsible for opening up the DoorDash logistics platform as a fulfillment service to any merchant, business, or user who has delivery needs but not the means to do so. The product is also the foundation for enabling DoorDash to deliver outside of the food space to new verticals including groceries, pharmaceuticals, retail, alcohol and more. At the core of the Drive team is the Platform team, which is responsible for the scalability, reliability and platformization of the service. As Drive grows from the small “startup” it started as years ago, to DoorDash’s second billion dollar business, we must ensure we build a platform to enable us to continue to move quickly and methodically.
What You’ll Do
- Scale the team by developing ICs and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a team of 4+ engineers
- Engage with with the product teams on Drive to shape a platform roadmap that will allow us to scale as an organization and service the needs of the broader engineering community
- Provide vision for further platformization, how we evolve to bring in independent features into centralized components
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong platform intuition
- Able to lead a team spanning product, platform and more technical DevOps responsibilities
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 2+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 5+ and managing senior engineers
- Preferable experience working on a team serving internal customers
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.