An on-demand delivery service.
San Francisco, CA, US
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About The Role
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Real Time Streaming Data Platform team. This team is part of the Data Platform organization and is responsible for building highly scalable, cost effective, easy to adopt end to end platforms that enable various real time data processing use cases at DoorDash - such as Geo Intelligence, Logistics, Merchant Insights, Revenue Platform and more. As DoorDash is an on-demand logistics platform, the power of applying Real Time Insights is critical to the success of the business. The Real Time Streaming Platform enables these initiatives and you will as the engineering lead will own a large scope with high impact.
What You’ll Achieve
- Drive vision & strategy for building the Realtime Streaming Platform team charter.
- A well run, successful team via coaching, mentoring and providing technical and career guidance.
- Build, sustain, and grow a diverse team to address the growing needs of the organization with a positive and supportive work culture
- Collaborate with stakeholders building solutions on top of the data platform
- A strong hands-on technical leader with experience with building big data applications and tools from conception to production
- The ability to take an abstract data challenge, drive clarity of requirements and line up a strategy to delivery data products that delight the customers
- Broad understanding of Big Data ecosystem, including data lifecycle, data pipelines, data analytics and Machine Learning with a particular focus on high volume realtime data (tens of billions of messages per day)
- You will bring your expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability, scalability and solving business needs.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 2 years experience in an engineering management role
- Prior experience in Big Data infrastructure & applications - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure.
- Prior experience in Big Data streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or similar and OLAP or TimeSeries data storages such as Apache Pinot, Apache Druid, ElasticSearch or similar.
- Prior experience in working in a Cloud environment such as AWS is a plus.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.