Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to purchase life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
Creating a positive and differentiated customer experience is critical to Ethos’ mission and will continue to determine our growth and success in the life insurance industry. We are looking for Policy Support Specialists who will help us support a growing base on policy holders and their families.
About the Role
As a Policy Support Specialist at Ethos you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to Ethos policy holders and upholding our duties as a third-party administrator (TPA). To succeed in this role, you should have strong attention to detail and follow through, enjoy working cross-functionally, and be highly organized.
- Possess and utilize strong understanding of Ethos products and processes
- Manage a high volume of policy servicing requests and other complex transactions while meeting established service level expectations
- Maintain accurate policy records and transactions with client interactions
- Partner with colleagues in CX, Sales, Underwriting, and Product/Engineering to resolve customer requests and escalations
- Meet individual as well as team production and quality goals to ensure a positive customer experience as well as compliance for Ethos
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as well as management to implement agreed upon solutions
- Support internal product development efforts, including testing and QA of new tools and functionality that may be used by CX, Sales, and Underwriting teams
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in operations, customer support, customer success, or related role
- Experience in life insurance or related industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency working with Salesforce or equivalent support/help desk software
- Strong intellectual curiosity and drive to solve problems
- Excellent time management and prioritization necessary to balance all responsibilities
- Possess grit and can adapt to changes quickly
- Adaptable to change and ability to change tasks quickly with maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent phone presence and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with various departments
- Creative approach to problem solving
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.