MedGenome Inc. is a genomics-based diagnostics and research company.
The primary purpose of this role is to build healthcare diagnostics space and help us grow. To manage NGS wet lab and streamline NGS operations, various data types internal and commercial activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for the NGS wet-lab and streamline next-generation sequencing operations and work closely with Bioinformatics team to put in place the necessary pipelines needed for the analysis of various NGS data types for internal and commercial activities of MedGenome
- Lead complete Genetic testing and reporting operations. Implement Quality management plan and take part in quality accreditations
- Serve as a liaison between the business development team and the wet lab and provide oversight for the NGS related business activities
- Provide technical support and oversight for the clinical assay development group and the business development part of the Medgenome division
- Participate in the MedGenome genomics research projects and help with publications
- Provide guidance, support, and manage junior team members
- Provide support for other molecular biology activities in the lab as needed
- Provide assistance to operations staff as needed to obtain certifications like DSIR, NABL, CLIA and other relevant accreditations
- Assist with Patent filings as Appropriate
- Plan and oversee applications for grants to support Research work as needed
Desired skills and Qualification
- MD and PhD in Human/Medical genetics is mandatory
- At least 5 years of lab management experience