Pendulum is developing a range of microbiome interventions targeting a variety of human health issues, starting with metabolic diseases, to help improve human health and wellbeing.
Nutrition Communication Brand Ambassador Marketer
Job Description / Skills Required
Pendulum’s mission is to leverage the microbiome to help people improve physical and mental health.. We are researching, developing and commercializing novel, rationally-designed Live Synbiotics™ (probiotics + prebiotics) with demonstrated clinical benefits to positively impact individuals plagued by conditions like metabolic syndrome, abnormal glucose metabolism, inflammation and atherosclerosis via enhanced dietary management.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, clinicians, and marketing professionals dedicated to improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, and nutrition to improve the nutritional management of the conditions we target. We strongly value individual transparency and strong, open communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success. If you're interested in making a difference by building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are seeking a Nutrition Communication Brand Ambassador Marketer who will report directly to the head of our Nutrition Program. You will primarily be external facing, representing the brand of Pendulum and creating, implementing, and building the Brand Ambassador Program from scratch. Internally, you will work closely with the marketing team and the clinical teams, communicating, providing insights and engaging in strategic discussions. If you enjoy building relationships and community with ACDES professionals, please continue reading!
What You'll Do
- Lead the creation, development, and implementation of Pendulum’s Brand Ambassador Program to build Pendulum’s community of health care professionals and drive new customer acquisition
- Use research and discovery techniques and leverage existing relationships to identify appropriate candidates for the Brand Ambassador Program
- Build & maintain positive relationships with KOL’s to drive education and awareness of Pendulum Glucose Control
- Capture, analyze and share insights to identify regional/national/category/competitive trends that inform and shape strategic decisions by the marketing and management teams
- Hold quarterly insight meetings with ambassadors to share product and competitive insights
- Identify, profile, train, and provide coaching feedback to contracted speakers for approved branded speaker programs. Attends these programs as needed to provide feedback and ensure speaker compliance and accuracy.
- Create and execute short- and long-term KOL engagement plans
- Attend conferences and congresses to drive education and awareness of Pendulum Glucose Control
- Seek out key speaking opportunities for team members to further drive brand awareness
- Registered Dietitian credentials, CDCES or MBA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
The ideal candidate will have had at least 10 years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian and is currently licensed and registered. They will be able to creatively and strategically think outside the box to develop a brand ambassador program from scratch. The candidate should be charismatic and excellent at building relationships to build out the brand ambassador program. They are able to understand the value of their role and how to measure its success. As a team player, they have the ability to influence without authority. They have both a clinical and marketing background or the ability to understand the big picture of the brand ambassador program.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a registered dietitian
- Ability to influence without authority
- Clinical + business acumen
- Communications, program development, and marketing experience
- Proven track record of consistent achievement or exceeding expectations in assigned responsibilities and goals, especially involving cross-functional teams
- Self-starter and ability to adapt to an evolving environment
- Proficient in technology, specifically cloud-based technologies
- Strong presentation and relationship building skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, reflective listening and motivational interviewing
- Ability to travel as needed
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.