Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Senior Corporate Counsel
Los Angeles, CA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
The team will consider US-based remote candidates.
TuneIn is looking for a highly motivated, diligent and business-minded Senior Corporate Counsel to provide timely, high quality legal support to our business partners. You will have a broad range of responsibilities in advising the company on product development, commercial transactions, advertising, data privacy and other matters. The right person for this position must be comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What You’ll Do
- Independently structure, draft and negotiate a wide range of complex agreements, including licensing, distribution, development technology integration and advertising agreements
- Manage the contract life cycle from initial drafting through post-execution
- Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice.
- Help build and maintain a cross-functional privacy program
- Develop, improve and maintain contract templates, standard forms, corporate policies and processes, and training programs
- Work with other team members to improve the efficiency of the contract life cycle and intradepartmental workflows
- Manage outside legal counsel
- Help with ad hoc projects as needed
- JD required. Bar admission and in good standing in at least one state (California preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department (ideal candidates will have a combination of both)
- Substantial experience in drafting and negotiating complex technology, commercial and intellectual property agreements
- Strong working knowledge of legal issues relating to development integrations, media, marketing, advertising, privacy and digital products
- A confident, effective and creative negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close
- Outstanding analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Growth mindset conducive to tackling challenges outside of your immediate area of responsibility
- Ability to develop a nuanced understanding of the company and our industry, with an eye towards aligning decisions with the bigger picture goals
- Exceptional organizational skills; attention to detail is a must
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.