Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help enhance and scale the Collections & Accounts Receivable reporting process at Attentive. In doing so, you will closely collaborate with various stakeholders like the accounting, FP&A, client strategy and sales teams. The candidate will report to the Billing and Collections Manager and will be responsible for setting up processes to assess collection risk, quantify and communicate assessed risk to stakeholders and collect receivables from our clients.
- Review A/R aging report to determine status of collections, set KPIs, and ensure maximum return on collection efforts
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients to drive collections and client experience
- Contact customers who are potentially a collection risk and bring them up to date by creating realistic payment plans or escalate internally to potentially suspend the account
- Present summary level data on the status and health of collections to internal stakeholders
- Partner with Client Strategy team to manage exceedingly overdue accounts in a customer focused manner
- Manage the approval process for extending client payment terms
- Create a scalable process to identify potential bad debt accounts that need to be accrued for or written off
- Partner with a reputable collections agency that we can factor our aged AR balances to
- Assist in ERP migration from Quickbooks to Netsuite to ensure all collectible balances are seamlessly transferred into new system
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 6/7 years of experience in AR Collections
- Prior startup experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, index and array formulas, etc); SQL and Looker experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite Preferred
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take on extra responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and challenging working environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.