Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Sr. Manager / Director, GTM FP&A
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
About the Role
Attentive is looking to add a Sr. Manager / Director of Go To Market (GTM) FP&A to our growing team to be a strategic business partner to the sales, marketing, and client success organizations by driving sustainable growth in alignment with short and long term priorities and strategy. This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Sr. Director of FP&A, this role will serve as a business and strategic advisor to the GTM leadership teams to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. This role will make an impact on the trajectory of the GTM organization and provides for the opportunity to dive deep into analytics critical to the organization’s success and aid strategic decision making.
- Be a strategic business partner to the Sales, Marketing and Client Strategy organizations by providing financial leadership, data, analysis, and insights & recommendations on performance
- Develop financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, products and other initiatives. Review and influence the key assumptions driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility
- Design, implement and track KPI’s to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance and return on investment
- Facilitate annual planning and rolling forecasting processes for the sales, marketing, and client success teams. Own creation of budgets and forecasts for bookings, divisional expenses, and KPIs/metrics
- Responsible for regular reporting on bookings by segment, renewals, pipeline, efficiency, Channel Partner, and other ROI analyses
- Drive sales compensation strategy and planning that aligns with short term and long term objectives
- Partner closely with Sales Ops to monitor and track Sales Rep performance and to advise/recommend headcount capacity for AEs and SDRs through an analytical approach
- Provide Sales and Marketing Leadership with meaningful analytics and insights into financial and operational performance and trends.
- Introduce standard financial modeling and reporting across the Sales and Marketing teams
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of FP&A within a high-growth SaaS organization, investment banking, or private equity
- Experience supporting go-to-market functions (Sales, Marketing, Client Success) in a finance capacity required
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with financial systems a plus (ie. Adaptive Insights, Anaplan)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset and go-getter attitude with a proven ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.