Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic internal communications leader to join the Communications org and help us keep the broader Glossier team (corporate and future retail), our most important audience, informed and motivated as we build the future beauty company. You’ll be leading and executing our global internal communications strategy, so you should be ready to roll up your sleeves and work alongside our team and a cross-functional group of stakeholders, including Glossier leadership and members of the People org. As Glossier continues to scale, we’ll look to you to build and manage a team.
Six Month Expectations
- Build close relationships with members of the Operating team (leadership), as well as the People and Legal teams, as you ramp up.
- Manage existing internal comms programs, including All Hands, Town Hall, and our monthly Newsletter, along with ad hoc company-wide updates and announcements, all with an eye towards building trust through transparency. We’re excited for you to bring new energy and creativity to these formats!
- Partner with our People team to thoughtfully shape and introduce Glossier’s go-forward policy around remote work as we emerge from our “remote-only” phase during the pandemic.
- Represent Communications in a cross-functional working group to build our “return to office” plan (when it is safe to do so, no earlier than September).
- Work with our Retail team to develop a robust and thoughtful plan for retail employee communications ahead of the reopening of our retail channel, and hire a direct report to help execute.
- Work closely with our HR Business Partners to advise on department level communications and change management, especially with larger departments, including Tech and CX.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Scale and innovate on our internal comms strategy for our corporate team in a post-pandemic, “future normal” world, combining the silver linings we discovered as a fully remote company with the magic of in-person experiences. Set ambitious goals and report out on the success of these programs.
- Scale our retail employee communications as we open new stores and enter new markets, ensuring that these teammates have the information they need, and feel connected to Glossier. Push Glossier to go beyond our prior practices and the industry standard to deliver a truly unique and fully Glossier experience. Measure the success of these programs and iterate accordingly.
- Build and manage a team that embodies Glossier’s values.
- The ideal candidate has 8+ years of communications experience, including internal communications specifically; time in-house at a high-growth startup and experience serving different types of employee populations are preferred but not required.
- Candidates should ideally be located in New York, NY or willing to relocate.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.