Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension.
We are looking for a Director of Information Security to lead our security team and ensure that we continue to provide a reliable and safe service to our users in both the consumer and enterprise space. This position reports to our VP of Engineering and is responsible for coordinating security, risk management, and compliance across the entire organization.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which technology and security are first-class citizens, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get four weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have 4-6 years of experience in a senior Infosec role, ideally as part of an organization that provides both consumer and enterprise services.
- You have experience with SOC-2, ISO 27001, NIST 800, or similar security/privacy certifications.
- You have experience building a thorough and thoughtful security risk assessment and vulnerability management program, and then helping your organization implement it through persuasion and influence, rather than by fiat..
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and business audiences, and ready to represent Noom’s security practices with both internal and external stakeholders. You feel equally comfortable discussing security with a client and with our engineering team.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!