Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Communications Manager
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an ambitious Senior Communications Manager to join our team. You will lead media relations and communications initiatives to promote awareness of our brand and company narrative in alignment with our business goals to help drive the business forward.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar and cadence of stories, thought leadership and news that aligns with key and business marketing initiatives
- Lead cross functional relationships with content, community, product marketing, sales and other key departments within the company to identify PR opportunities
- Develop media engagement strategies and expand relationships with journalists in our space
- Work with relevant teams to secure customer/partner participation in media and speaking opportunities
- Oversee speaking program including content development, securing speaking opportunities and training speakers and spokespeople
- Oversee award tracking and submissions
- Manage incoming media inquiries and requests
- Track key metrics to ensure communications accomplish business objectives
- Stay up to date on industry trends, media landscape and industry influencers
Skills & Requirements
- 5-7+ years of experience working in communications, public relations, or a related field
- Experience developing strategic communication plans
- Strong understanding of media landscape
- Previous B2B media experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in marketing technology
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and grow skills—positively welcomes feedback
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.