Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education; depended on by over 600 software companies and over 65% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 22 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
As an engineer on the Secure Sync team at Clever, you’ll work on the core platform of Clever that helps connect the districts on our platform to our learning application partners. We work with large volumes of data that is integral to the success of Clever and education of America’s students. The Secure Sync product allows automatic creation of accounts for students, teachers, and staff so that they can use their applications on day one.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer on the Secure Sync team, you will be a part of a tight-knit, collaborative team working on impactful features like:
- Secure APIs that can scale and give fine-grained control to districts on what student/teacher/staff data apps can access
- Resilient data pipelines that consistently and successfully sync data to Clever and shares data with our application partners
- Intuitive UIs to give districts control over the data they share with each application, and applications control over the data they receive
- Products that go above and beyond just allowing districts to provide data via their Student Information System (SIS), including custom accounts and one-off edits
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Previous experience with MongoDB and/or SQL preferred but not required
- At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
What Clever offers
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers