Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
As an engineer on the Portal team, you will work on the Clever Portal for teachers, students, staff, and families. Our team gets to dig into building tools that range from helping teachers find success with classroom management to improving the communication channels within the school ecosystem. We aim to continue to grow our user base with our innovations while also driving deep engagement with our products along the way.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
By joining the Portal team, you’ll become part of an energetic, tight-knit team working on features like:
- The Clever Portal experience on mobile devices
- New features and functionality in the Clever Portal so teachers can run their classrooms through Clever
- New tools and content geared towards helping families stay connected to their children’s education
- A central Push Notification platform for the entirety of Clever to use to drive engagement with users
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, families and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, React with Redux and React with GraphQL, React Native, and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- Experience with React Native mobile development
- Experience working on consumer products (preferred, but not required)
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers