Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
The Accounting team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions in the accounting system as well as, supports company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The accounting department assures that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our accounting team as an Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financial information, executing financial close related tasks, and preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements. This individual will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions.
As an Accountant, you will:
- Support the accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Support the external audit of the company’s annual financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Be responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for performing and/or supporting accounting for areas such as Revenue, Medical Expenses, SG&A, Stock based compensation, equity, treasury accounting support, and various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.