Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
As a Manager of FP&A, you will be joining an extremely agile organization that supports the business by providing critical insights using analytics. This role will support the enhancement and refining of the company’s budgeting and forecasting processes. S/he is responsible for aiding in the successful execution of our strategy through sound business planning and reporting.
Six Month Expectations
- Conduct variance analysis of budget/rolling forecast against actual performance to understand key trends
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to drive thoughtful examination of spend and on going business needs
- Understand and analyze cost drivers and trends at both the consolidated and departmental level
- Partner with Accounting and other functional leads to ensure accurate and reliable reporting of financial metrics, results, and financial statements
- Support the Finance and Executive team in the creation of presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing financial processes
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Increase productivity by developing automated reports, eliminating duplication, and coordinating information requirements
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Establish best-in-class practices for cost forecasting and KPIs to evaluate success
- Contribute to Glossier’s success through sponsorship of positive partnerships with staff across the organization
- Build and maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Passionate about Glosser’s mission and ready to embrace our values of being inclusive, devoted to the customer, curious, courageous, and discerning
- 4+ years' experience with demonstrated FP&A and / or accounting experience
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity and direction within the organization
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.