Advancing 3D printing.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, Carbon is committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to producing products with real-world applications.
With our cutting-edge technology, we are seeing customers innovate and manufacture parts with unmatched reliability, speed, and quality. You’ll be joining a close-knit team, working with experts in 3D geometry, web technologies, cloud infrastructure, firmware, and everything in between.
We’ve had fun team activities where we escape rooms (real and virtual), play games, and cook delicious food. We also have a variety of employee-started communities at Carbon: baking, bootcamp, yoga, gaming, book club, diversity groups, and many more that you can participate in, and maybe even start your own!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will help build our customer-facing software, primarily focusing on web services and applications that enable users to design, visualize, manipulate, and print digital models. These applications empower the user to innovate and fabricate products across a variety of industries.
You will ...
- Architect and build server and browser based systems that manage and monitor digital manufacturing pipelines.
- Design and develop customer-facing APIs and develop and scale up the backend services required to power them.
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
You have ..
- 4+ years of production level experience shipping successful software.
- Express / Node as well as some experience with front-end development in React.
- Experience with full-stack frameworks such as Ruby on Rails orStrong skills across relevant server-side technologies, including networking, security, databases, RESTful services and REST/GraphQL API development.
- Practical experience building and maintaining distributed systems utilizing distributed message queues and search engines (e.g. ElasticSearch) DevOps and/or operational experience and familiarity, e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes experience preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience building out testing infrastructure
- Experience utilizing and optimizing build infrastructure: e.g. Bazel, Webpack, Jenkins
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.