Advancing 3D printing.
Sales Director, Orthodontic Aligner Solutions
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Carbon is a rapid growth Silicon Valley-based additive manufacturing company that’s revolutionizing how people design, engineer, make and deliver products. By combining advancements in hardware, software, and materials science, Carbon is creating a new category of industrial 3D manufacturing. For the clear orthodontic aligner industry, many global manufacturers rely on Carbon’s flexible, efficient and reliable L1 production solution.
Reporting to the VP, Oral Health, the role of this position is to expand and support the Carbon thermoforming (clear aligner) production solution in dental manufacturing and laboratory businesses across the globe. Carbon has an all-inclusive subscription business model, rather than a one-time only sale. A successful selling effort requires in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing, and clear orthodontic aligner production processes and unit economics. You will build strong justification for business transformation, and need tenacity to navigate a complex capital equipment sales process. Ultimately, you are part of a team helping each customer grow their business in smart ways.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets by supporting revenue expansion within existing accounts and generating sales to new customers.
- Build and manage an active sales funnel of qualified opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Conduct thorough sales investigations and deliver value propositions to C-level executives with production cost analysis and economic impact assessments.
- Establish technical competency in Carbon additive manufacturing and digital production workflows. Build Carbon advocates at each account.
- Manage ongoing customer relationships with operations and purchasing points of contact. Liaise with internal product, marketing and engineering teams.
- Act as a resource by staying up-to-date on current industry trends and advancements. Represent Carbon at industry events and trade shows.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience selling digital manufacturing solutions. Highly preferred experience with additive manufacturing and clear orthodontic aligner industry.
- Experience selling into orthodontic labs.
- Consistent record of exceeding annual sales quota.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including international travel.
- Ability to learn and comprehend technical information and in turn, educate customers.
- Financial acumen to understand profit/loss statements and ability to prepare economic analysis to contrast customer production methods.
- Professional with excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication, organizational, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Team player, positive attitude, growth mindset, integrity, accountability, adaptability, entrepreneurial, driven, results-oriented and ethical.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Salesforce.com, Tableau, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, as well as Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.