Advancing 3D printing.
Operations Engineering Manager - Resins
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, Carbon3D is commercializing a fundamental advance in the chemistry of 3D printing that enables massive increases in print speed and improved material properties. We believe our technology will enable commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to mass production of 3D printed parts.
We are seeking an Operations Engineering Manager - Resins, to manage a team responsible for important resin manufacturing processes. This role will work cross functionally, but report to the VP of Operations. The successful candidate will work closely with Supply Chain, Engineering, and other groups to ensure continual improvement.
We prefer this role to be based in our Redwood City, CA facility, but for the right candidate we may consider hiring someone in other locations in the US.
- Manages a team responsible for the implementation of resin manufacturing processes, quality, and cost at our suppliers
- Focuses on continuous improvement to drive quality, reduce costs and meet production targets
- Works cross functionally to root cause and correct quality and production issues with Carbon resins
- Working with the engineering organization will lead effort to scale-up or validate changes (i.e. site transfer, alternate materials, new supplier) to Carbon’s resins
- Collaborates with the supply chain organization to monitor and maintain a successful partnership with our resin suppliers
- Understands and represents our suppliers capabilities within Carbon.
- Provides input to the engineering organization on process development, validation, and quality control activities for new Carbon resins
- Knowledge of key process and quality control techniques and problem solving methodologies
- 10+ years of experience in chemical production or similar process manufacturing environment
- B.S. in chemical, biochemical, industrial, mechanical, materials engineering or related field
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills