Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team in San Francisco. This role knows the ins and outs of our District stakeholders—what excites them, what’s top of mind—and how Clever solves their biggest pain points. You have deep customer empathy and back up your insights with data from the product, NPS surveys, and market research.
This position includes both inbound and outbound marketing tactics and collaborates closely with product teams to drive Clever’s core business. You’ll be working on a product with incredible reach, with 60% of U.S. K-12 schools using Clever today. This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, such as product, engineering, design, customer success, and executive leadership
- Use a data-driven approach to plan strategic campaigns, including messaging, sales enablement, and program reporting
- Develop product messaging and value propositions for Clever’s District users in order to drive awareness, adoption, and ongoing product usage
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and collaborate cross-functionally to build consensus, leveraging project management expertise
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to fully understand District users and influence their behavior
- Use key metrics and engagement patterns to measure performance of marketing programs
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5 years marketing experience with a focus on product marketing
- Experience telling engaging customer stories with internal and external stakeholders; you are a skilled storyteller as much as you are a marketer
- Experience driving business outcomes through data
- Experience balancing perfectionism with pragmatism in a growing environment
- Experience distilling technical products, such as an API, to a general audience
- Creativity in tackling business opportunities
- An interest in working on complex challenges in education
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers