Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our New Jersey In-Home Care medical practice provides home-based primary care to Clover’s most vulnerable members with multiple chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness. Our team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, medical assistants, behavioral health specialists and others who provide services in the home and via telehealth. Our goal is to provide true value-based care that increases quality of life, reduces adverse health outcomes including hospital and ER stays, and lowers medical expenses. Based on favorable historical performance and strategic priorities, we will be growing the medical practice by 100% in 2021 after growing it by 100% in 2020. We will also in 2021 extend our practice’s clinical impact by implementing an IoT strategy in members’ homes, enhancing our evidence-based palliative care offerings, and partnering with Harvard to launch an NIH-sponsored clinical trial designed to further advanced care planning.
The Associate Medical Director role is a multifaceted position. You will help lead the NJ In-Home Care Medical Practice, which is expected to have almost 60 clinicians by end of 2021, while dedicating up to 40% of your time to direct patient care. You will report to the In-Home Care Medical Director and partner with Clover’s senior leaders to drive provision of exceptional care that improves medical outcomes and lowers medical expenditures for Clover’s most vulnerable health plan members in a tech-forward way.
As the Associate Medical Director you will:
- Ensure that the In-Home Care practice provides exceptional clinical care that:
- Reflects patients’ values and preferences, prognosis, and major sources of hospitalization risk
- Generates high performance on Stars/HEDIS quality measures
- Enhances advanced care planning and end of life care, including appropriate utilization of hospice services
- Offers timely and effective transitional care services
- Delivers evidence-based care for common chronic conditions
- Design and implement new clinical protocols to improve patient outcomes
- Collaborate with the Clover clinical leadership to enhance clinical outcomes among members across Clover’s network through extension and improvement of the Clover technology platform, including in members’ homes
- Develop and implement a strategy for practice growth structured around:
- Recruitment of practice employees
- Enrollment of additional high risk Clover members into practice
- Educate and mentor practice professionals on key aspects of high quality care, including through regular 1:1 sessions, ride-alongs in the field, and documentation review
- Develop and execute on key business metrics and key performance indicators
- Contribute to the further development of Clover’s suite of technology tools and machine learning (ML)/artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms
You should get in touch if you:
- Are an MD from accredited program
- Have or are willing to get a valid New Jersey medical doctor license
- Are board-certified in internal medicine or family medicine or geriatrics
- Have 5+ years clinical work experience providing direct patient care
- Are experienced in doing House calls
- Have led clinical teams and improved clinical programs
- Have a strong execution mindset with ability to hold others accountable to high performance standards
- Can provide examples of communicating cross functionally with patients and colleagues.
- Are computer savvy and have worked on an EMRs (eClinicalWorks preferred)
- Are passionate about leveraging technology to improve the lives of complex older adults with multiple chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.