Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
The Director, Finance - Direct Contracting will be the financial operations leader for the Direct Contracting business line and will be a strategic thought leader and part of the Direct Contracting leadership team. This team is responsible for identifying opportunities to leverage technology and internal and external capabilities to improve processes while driving financially best in class operations. This role includes creating connectivity between teams, data and business analytics outcomes and cross-functional solutions to deliver Clover Health strategies and goals. This leader is accountable for the end to end management perspective of Finance - Direct Contracting to ensure informed and financially viable decisions are made. This Leader will engage with business partners for an integrated approach in planning, implementing and managing Direct Contracting financial operations for improved outcomes.
We are looking for a Director, Finance - Direct Contracting to be a strategic thought leader as part of the Direct Contracting leadership team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of Clover’s growth and expansion, working closely with our leadership team implementing best in class financial operations while generating financial reporting that supports the financial controllership and business objectives.
As the Director, Finance - Direct Contracting, you will:
- Lead the Finance efforts for Direct Contracting including the overall financial reporting for the Direct Contracting Entity, administration and reporting of provider payments, provider reporting, provider risk arrangement settlements, CMS receivables, and shared savings versus the CMS benchmark.
- Work closely with the Clover Health actuarial team to estimate and analyze key aspects of financial reporting including risk adjustment and claims reserves.
- Lead and be part of cross-functional Direct Contracting operations teams for the execution of operations initiatives.
- Operationalize strategies from leadership in order to improve outcomes and minimize risk in the Direct Contracting product line.
- Identify and drive implementation of short and long-term strategies, goals and objectives (with measurable outcomes) for Clover’s Direct Contracting operations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Clover Health to drive greater financial and operations performance for the direct contracting business, along with improved decision support by implementing strong financial operational processes and financial reporting processes.
- Build, lead and manage a team focused on delivering upon Direct Contracting requirements and modern business processes and capabilities for Clover Health.
- Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide actionable financial reporting to the management team.
- Support Direct Contracting Finance related research on all significant accounting matters that may arise, including new rule adoption projects.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting and projects for Direct Contracting leadership and executive management. Identify trends or anomalies and escalate to senior management. Evaluate available company data to determine additional meaningful reporting opportunities to assist and further the business activities.
You will love this job if:
- You are highly organized and logistically-minded. You don’t shy away from complex problems.
- You are a strategic prioritizer, and able to identify where and when to focus your energy.
- You have a critical and analytical mindset. You understand how all the components of a process fit together and believe in the value of making data-driven decisions; you continuously monitor the efficacy of your programs through metrics tracking.
- You are agile and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
- You are tech and data savvy. You are used to thinking about how technology can enable better experiences and how you can use data to make better decisions.
- You have demonstrated effective leadership, attention to detail and accuracy with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and geographies.
- You are team-oriented, flexible, and must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 8+ years of experience leading financial teams supporting operations within healthcare, with Medicare Advantage experience preferred.
- You have 3+ years experience working for a Provider organization or directly with providers as part of an ACO, MSO, or insurance company leading financial operations.
- You have experience with managing the financial impacts of provider contracting including knowledge of provider value-based and risk arrangements, care coordination fees, and provider settlement mechanics for Medicare.
- You have experience building new processes from scratch leveraging internal and external resources.
- You have a CPA certification, preferred, but not required.
- You have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Google suite.
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience - preferred but not required.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.