Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. Our managers take on a role that is a mix of technical leadership, execution, and people management. The primary responsibilities of Engineering Managers are to build strong teams of engineers and help them deliver results. We empower people on the team to take ownership of problems, and support them with mentorship, guidance, and business context.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the team's impact; guide the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and reliability
- Foster a healthy, results-oriented, and collaborative culture that is the bedrock of strong teams.
- Represent the team in engineering organization-wide planning, initiatives, and processes.
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to develop our technical roadmap and our approach to solving problems that improve the experience of patients and doctors.
- Set the direction for your team collaboratively, clearly establishing objectives that are aligned with Clover's company level goals and roadmap.
- Participate in sourcing, screening, hiring, growing, and retaining talent.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about growing people and organizations. Helping to set your team and peers up for success through collaboration and feedback is important to you.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
You should get in touch if:
- You are a software engineer as well as a personnel manager or team lead with hands-on experience leading 3 or more engineers.
- You have led development projects and have also created the space and opportunity for other people to become leaders.
- You have worked in fast paced environments where you had to make decisions quickly under conflicting constraints, moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
- You have deep experience with system design and general purpose programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, Java.
- You have a track record of successfully delivering complex projects for web applications and services.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.