On-demand moving and storage with on-demand retrieval.
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense — a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
Clutter is looking for a Head of Marketing to further build out and lead a world class integrated marketing function at a rapidly growing start-up. This individual will need to be an effective hands-on operator as well as a strategic partner to a number of key internal and external stakeholders and have a passion for storytelling through product, a bias for action, and a strong desire to uphold quality.
This role is an extraordinary opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and multi-channel direct to consumer company. You will have the opportunity to define, scope, and execute on our marketing strategy from the ground up, and be a leading contributor to the next phase of growth at Clutter.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a clear vision for our product marketing strategy that you’ll weave into all aspects of our product offering, but especially for new product launches and go to market initiatives
- Define the roadmap across people, tools, and resources needed to create consistency across all of Clutter’s platforms
- Build brand awareness strategies needed to reach different customer segments, leveraging user research, market insights, and an understanding of our industry to identify, attract, educate, and retain customers
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams -- product managers, sales, design, and engineering to create integrated marketing messaging across products
- Create, improve, and continue to own all aspects of the marketing lifecycle as new acquisition channels emerge and our customer base grows
- Partner with finance to develop monthly budgets and projections that you will then manage across current channels and new channel investment opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for building a world class marketing function by recruiting exceptional talent
- Desire to be scrappy and continuously strive to do more with less while raising the bar
- Positive “can do” attitude coupled with a strong commitment to integrity
- Candid, concise, direct and constructive communication when sharing ideas and providing feedback
- Ability to evaluate problems using a longer time horizon and not sacrifice long-term value for short-term results
- Ability to communicate a message and convey it to an audience in a clear and concise way that is also interesting, relevant, and consistent with Clutter’s brand
- Demonstrates a strong bias for action and is able to operate fluidly between the big picture and the small task, while never losing sight of results
- Persistent in finding new and creative solutions to solve complex marketing challenges
- Leverages data effectively to inform marketing decisions
- 8+ years with deep marketing experience
- Conversant across the entire marketing ecosystem with deep expertise in 1-2 areas
- Driver of marketing strategy, direction, and budget allocation across multiple channels
- Experience with online and offline marketing channels and/or products
- Demonstrated success and willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute in the weeds across our marketing to-dos
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.