Brings your life's work together in one digital workspace for storing and sharing.
Evernote is looking for a high-performing Engineering Manager to lead an engineering team focused on delivering highly relevant and personalized experiences for users of its class-leading note taking application, and across all clients on Web, Desktop, and Mobile devices.
The team is responsible for implementing full stack solutions that improve user registration and enhance user experience through smarter control of user specific info, preferences, and account settings.
You will work closely with and lead a very talented group of dedicated and knowledgeable engineers to manage the entire engineering lifecycle of these solutions, from design to release and beyond, through production operations. You will also collaborate closely with your peers from Product, Design, Support and Marketing to synthesize customer feedback on existing and new features and blend that with business strategy to create and maintain a roadmap.
You are passionate about building quality software, obsessing over performance and responsiveness. Your team drives higher value for the business by optimizing the front door of Evernote user experience. You will accomplish this by shipping new functionality, enhancing our architecture, and keeping it robust, secure, and scalable.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a strong engineering team focused on delivering results and engineering excellence across the engineering lifecycle - design, build, test, release, and operate, i.e., a full ownership model
- Maintain and improve your team’s operating metrics, as represented by your Service Level Goals, backed by metrics and monitoring
- Work closely with every member of your engineering team to develop their careers and reach their full potential
- Lead end-to-end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner, keeping your team focussed on well defined sprint priorities
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Support, & Marketing counterparts to define your team’s vision and roadmap
- Lead and participate in engineering wide initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team
- Drive collaboration within your team, and grow leadership within your team to set standards and drive collaboration across engineering
What you’ve done:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience building micro-services deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment
- Experience building user facing applications using modern technologies like Vue.js, React.js, ReactNative, Flutter.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.