Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. This candidate will be an early hire into our growing Strategic Finance team and will see first hand how we build a business with the Aurora Driver and will have ample opportunities to apply their prior finance experience to a rapidly growing company.
- Build detailed financial forecast models to identify the likely impact of various strategic initiatives, understand key trends and performance indicators, assess current and future business risks and opportunities, and communicate insights to business partners
- Create various presentations and analysis for wide range of audiences - Board of Directors, internal leadership and department heads
- Build valuation models, peer benchmarking analyses, and ad hoc projects
- Assist with work preparing and messaging to our investors in areas such as fundraising
- Understand various monetization options, the pros and cons of each and how to model them
- Work with stakeholders across Aurora, including Strategy, Partnerships, Engineering and Hardware teams as necessary to identify areas of opportunity for the company
- Analyze the broader competitive landscape, in partnership with our Strategy team, to identify relevant trends and strategic developments, and communicate these to relevant parties
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in Strategic Finance and/or FP&A in a high growth technology focused company
- MBA preferred
- Able to identify opportunities for business improvement and take initiative to drive necessary changes; you can describe examples of doing this successfully
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across a wide range of functions
- Embrace challenges – approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner
- Have a solid understanding of the financials models that drive company valuation (private and public)
- Skilled at building detailed analyses (scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.) to drive key internal decisions
- Have superior Excel skills but are very comfortable writing documents and working in GSuite to communicate information and data to various stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done; we are a small team and we need people who can and will step up to help others and never say ‘that’s not my job’
- Highly self-motivated, you have a stellar work ethic and want to grow
- Ability and desire to manage a team, not necessarily immediately, but as we grow
- Familiarity with FP&A systems and ideally have experience implementing and subsequently working with one
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
- 2021 Summer Internship - Government Relations Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - IT Support Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Sensor Characterization & Automation Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Technical Product/Program Manager (TPM), Simulation Mountain View, CA, US