Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
The office coordinator will coordinate various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly. This position will also act as the lead on Aurora sponsored company events. Events will include, but are not limited to our Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Family Day, Happy Hours, Birthday Celebrations, etc.
You bring a highly organized, positive, can-do attitude. You’re eager and ready to assist where required and bring a welcoming approach to all employees and guests. This position will report into the Workplace Team work directly with office managers, coordinators, EA’s and team leads.
Responsibilities for Office Coordination
- Welcome clients and visitors to the office and assist them as needed.
- Manage Envoy sign-ins and ensure guests wear badges.
- Secure reception area by maintaining a presence at reception.
- Accept and sign for packages.
- Assist Aurora team with prepping outgoing packages and creating shipping labels.
- Prepare desks for new hires.
- Assist HR with gathering supplies for new hires as needed.
- Check supply status throughout the office and replenish as needed, including conference rooms.
- Report supply needs to the Office Manager.
- Escort vendors to destinations if POC is not available.
- Check on lunch setup and cleanup; manage food vendors.
- Tidy conference rooms and whiteboards between meetings/interviews.
Responsibilities for Events
- This position will act as the lead on all Aurora sponsored events.
- Events will include, but are not limited to our Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Family Day, Happy Hours, Birthday Celebrations, etc.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse departments.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other team members where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Communicating with the marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present event ideas and plans to the team.
- 3-5 years of previous event planning experience; working in office admin or hospitality management preferred.
- Team management experience.
- Experience planning events for 300+ people .
- Computer literate and proficient using Google Suite.
- Experience using office machinery (Envoy, printers, mail services, etc).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Outstanding communicator both written and verbal.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in DARPA’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.
- 2021 Summer Internship - Government Relations Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - IT Support Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Sensor Characterization & Automation Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Technical Product/Program Manager (TPM), Simulation Mountain View, CA, US