Advancing 3D printing.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create
technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
Our Manufacturing team is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer. This role will report to our Senior Manager, Operations Engineering.
- Providing day-to-day process support for the manufacturing of existing products and transition of new products and processes into manufacturing
- Applying formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause, troubleshooting non-conforming products, raw materials, and components, and developing and implementing corrective and preventative action (CAPA) plans
- Understanding critical process parameters and their effect on final product specifications and customer requirements
- Planning and executing technical work using statistical techniques including Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Creating procedures and providing training and coaching to other technical and production associates
- Partnering with internal and external equipment designers and maintenance to define preventive maintenance and calibration requirements and lifecycle management of manufacturing equipment and tooling
- Driving a wide range of process projects throughout the development cycle: development, scale-up, validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), and improvement (improved safety, cost, quality, capability, and capacity)
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills