Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team manages financial planning and analysis for external and internal reporting, including supporting company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all business lines and cost centers. Additionally, Treasury management is centralized under Finance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Finance team as a Treasury and FP&A Senior Analyst. As a Treasury and FP&A Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for managing our treasury and investments, including our investment policy, outsourced treasury and investment functions, along with associated reporting and capital optimization. This role will also lead our capital planning including regulatory based capital optimization, and capital budgeting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, financial modeling, variance analysis, and creating dashboards with Key Performance Indicators, along with supporting our overall FP&A work in these areas. You will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad-hoc accounting support functions.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Oversee the company’s cash and investment positions, analyze and manage daily liquidity including preparing weekly cash reporting and short-term cash flow forecasts
- Drive rationalization of bank accounts and optimal corporate banking structure to align with future business needs.
- Initiate appropriate treasury and investment transactions as required.
- Perform various capital planning related forecasts including regulatory based capital requirement analysis and optimization.
- Bank account management including opening and closing of bank accounts, updating signatories and any other account maintenance required.
- Administration of various treasury related vendor portals; including user access management and configuration.
- Implement and help maintain all cash management related company policies, SOX controls and working procedures.
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure proper recording of all treasury related transactions and reconciling of all bank accounts.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Have select cost center management responsibility. You will be the primary liaison to the business partner lead, assist in budget preparations and explanations of actual vs. expected deviations, support business cases, and support expense accruals.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst
- Previous experience with treasury and investments management or related financial reporting.
- You have experience leading or supporting capital planning, including optimization and compliance with regulatory based capital requirements..
- You have Health Insurance Finance experience, preferred but not required
- You are proficient in Excel and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including Google suite.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.