Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team manages financial planning and analysis for external and internal reporting, including supporting company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all business lines and cost centers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for data analysis budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and creating dashboards with Key Performance Indicators. You will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad-hoc accounting support functions.
As a Senior Financial Analyst , you will:
- Analyze and interpret healthcare claims data and present findings through database queries, data analysis, data modeling, and data visualization.
- Help design and prepare the monthly financial reporting package and provide support ad hoc analysis as required.
- Support the annual budgeting process for the entire organization and specific cost centers.
- Provide monthly budget variance analysis yielding actionable insights to management.
- Build useful and actionable dashboards and monthly reports to help leaders manage the business.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience as an analyst, including data analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Have experience working with healthcare claims data, including as Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, and Vision
- Familiar with one or more BI tools such as Tableau.
- Experience working with big and complex data sets and/or the analysis of healthcare data
- Strong understanding of relational database and data warehousing concepts
- You have advanced Excel skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including Google suite.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.