Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Vice President, Marketing
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
TuneIn HQ – San Francisco, California
NO INTERNATIONAL or Corp-2-Corp candidates will be considered
TuneIn is seeking an experienced and strategic marketing leader to join its team.
If you’re passionate about global audio, connected devices, automotive, spoken word, driven by data, love growing an awesome business and are an exceptional people leader, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
This strategic role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will collaborate with key internal and external partners and stakeholders to effectively conceive, plan and execute SEO and lifecycle marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will ensure strong cross-team collaboration (particularly with sales and product marketing), develop engagement and demand for TuneIn across its global markets.
Confirmed expertise in SEO, performance marketing, lifecycle marketing, marketing communications, and brand management, public relations, and social aimed at establishing and extending market leadership are critical to this role.
In leading an extraordinary marketing team, the ideal candidate will bring a mentoring and coaching approach in their goal of retaining top talent and managing high performing teams.
This role will have global scope and will require an individual comfortable and adept with building strategy and driving execution across many marketing channels.
As the Vice President of Marketing, You Will:
- Partner closely with the CRO and executive team, to set the strategy for growth to execute lifecycle marketing and creative brand building initiatives
- Lead the marketing team and creative studio with focus on growing TuneIn’s customer base
- Be responsible for implementing innovative messaging of TuneIn’s strategy and value, both internally and externally with customers, advertisers, content partners, device manufacturers, and influencers
- Bringing awareness to our product’s capabilities, with a focus on user growth
- Translate goals into effective marketing strategies and campaigns for key product lines and customer segments that support the achievement of quarterly and annual user and listening goals
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective and efficient programs across our markets
- Inspire and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing metrics and goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high return on investment
- Support team development by providing fair and objective performance reviews, continual feedback, mentoring and career growth for the marketing team
- 10+ years professional experience, with a minimum of 4 years in consumer internet/digital marketing (preferably in the audio or content space) at the Director, Senior Director of VP level
- Strong data analysis skills, comfortable analyzing campaign results, and working in financial models
- Experience leading multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute short and long term go-to-market strategies for the US market at a fast-growing company
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience positively influencing change and direction within a team and and an organization
- Experience selecting and implementing marketing systems including email, push, and CRM.
Who You Are:
- A marketing data aficionado who uses data in everyday decisions, and brings data-driven decision making, analytical rigor, and a bias towards experimenting quickly and scaling the programs that produce results
- You will thrive in a changing environment and are excited to build a scalable, high-impact marketing programs
- You are an exceptional leader with a coaching, mentoring and developing mindset who grows talent but with deep knowledge of operational details and a willingness to get hands dirty
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.